Living and loving the sunrise life

Today is Easter Sunday. Cameron and I enjoyed being with our church family online, both on Good Friday and today. What a blessing the Internet is in this time of necessary isolation.

I have been inspired by the terrific Easter message from our pastor, Paul Stevens.
He likened our lives before Jesus to living in a time of sunset and darkness, but when we accepted Him as our Lord and Saviour, we came out of the darkness and into the light - into the sunrise. Good Friday is the time when Jesus died for us, when it appeared to all that darkness had come to stay. Yet, when He rose from the dead on Easter Sunday, for all those who made the choice from then on to follow Him, the opportunity was granted to live a sunrise life. We can walk in the light, and be given the tools to vanquish the darkness that in this life will try and stalk us and drag us back.

The sun set on my old life when Jesus found me. 'Sonrise' brought new life.
Thank God.

In the words of my pastor today, The God Most High became The God Most Nigh.

As always, a song was never far away, and I made a note in my journal to come back to it when church was over and I could write this post. So here it is. You would all probably be familiar with The Beatles' song 'Yesterday' - one of the most covered songs of all time. In honour of the sunrise life Jesus offers everyone, here is my re-writing of the lyrics to Yesterday. I hope Sir Paul doesn't mind.

Sunrise Life

Yesterday
All my former life just passed away
Resurrection Sunday here to stay
You rescued me from yesterday

Suddenly
I'm much better than I used to be
Kicked the shadows hanging over me
When Jesus came, so suddenly

Old me had to go, this I know
She couldn't stay
He knew I'd done lots wrong, so - so long
My yesterdays 

Yesterday
Found a love who'll never go away
Jesus, thank you that you're here to stay
Brought sunset on my yesterdays

Now, I can do all, if You call on me today
If I fail, do wrong, it's still gone
My yes-ter-day-ay

Gone away
all the things that dogged me every way
Now my sunrise life is here to stay
With mercies fresh, for each new day. 

The Son has set on yesterday. 

I hope that wherever you are and however you are spending this Easter, that you will know in your heart of hearts that you too can have the gift of a sunrise life.


With much love and hope,

Tracey 🙏


With thanks to:

The You Tube channel of Josh S for The Beatles Yesterday Live in Munich 1966.
The You Tube channel of NaCcache100 for Paul McCartney Yesterday - Live at Anfield,  Liverpool 1st June.
Jill Wellington from Pexels for photo of the sunshine gal.
Pixabay for the Three Crosses under a blue sky.

And if you would like to listen to our church service and Ps Paul's message "An Easter Sunrise", just click here.


I've been very busy during this isolation period, you'll see how in posts to come 😀

2 comments