My Soul Waits by Michelle Ng

It has been wonderful to be part of the emergence of a new book which will provide hope and understanding to people battling through miscarriage.


My husband and I have known Michelle and Jonathan Ng for about nine years now, when we both began attending the same church. It has been a treasured friendship, and one that has grown to include their two gorgeous boys Preston and Theo, as well as Mish's amazing mum Julz who has since moved close to the family and become a faithful presence in our church community.

Before being blessed with her boys, Michelle and Jono walked a very tough road through two miscarriages. Miscarriage is an often misunderstood topic in our society. Some women struggle with the overwhelm of feelings that come with loss, wondering if other people around them can understand what they're going through. There is an expectation that men will be strong, and are often left wondering if anything they do can be of any help to their partner, apart from dealing with their own response to loss.

Michelle felt a strong calling from God to write of her experiences. She has the most gentle of spirits - she's the type of girl you'd want as your friend, the one who'd be beside you or on her knees for you, depending upon the need. As a woman who has journeyed through miscarriage, I would have loved Michelle's book to help guide me through the days that followed. I would have treasured her assurance that I wasn't alone in my feelings, that I wasn't going mad and that whatever I felt was okay.

I have been blessed to be one of a group of women who were asked to read Michelle's manuscript and provide feedback. It has been something so beautiful to be part of this journey for Michelle and Jono. Mish asked me to write some words to be included on the back cover of her book, which was such a privilege. Here is what I wrote:

"Michelle is raw and real in sharing her journey through miscarriage in My Soul Waits. Her heart is to enlighten, encourage and comfort others mums-in-waiting and those that wait with them".

There was going to be a lovely book launch, but that had to be bypassed due to our current restrictions on meeting together. Thanks to the internet there was a virtual launch, and the book is now available at mysoulwaits.com.

I got to collect my copy in person - a very special moment.

As we are now in a self imposed lockdown, my husband Cameron chose to spend some time reading Michelle's book for himself.

He has given me permission to share some of the message he sent to Mish after reading the book:

As a man I say thank you, you will help many men to connect and understand their wives hearts in a new intimate way. I cried over nearly every page as I read of your heartache, and it will give them greater understanding of what their wives are going through and will help with compassion. 

He's a bit of alright, my Cam.

Is miscarriage something you've experienced? If you've been struggling with it, or want to get some idea of how to help someone who is, I recommend My Soul Waits. It's good for blokes too. 

I chose for this post a song that we've being doing at church this year - My Soul Follows (After You) by David and Nicole Binion.  

Blessings

Tracey 💙💙


With thanks to the YouTube Channel of Integrity Music for David & Nicole Binion - My Soul Follows Feat. Travis Greene (Official Live Video).

And thanks to Mish and Preston for the front door photo 📷


No comments

Post a Comment