Reasons to be Cheerful

It’s a new year and despite all of what is happening with drought, bushfires and the various challenges we face, I felt it was important to acknowledge 2019 before it was quickly lost in a new year that is already galloping.
    
When dramas and difficulties are in danger of overwhelming me, there have been times where I have felt God remind me to stop, and think of something I can be thankful for. So, I’ve decided to challenge myself to take some time to do a bit of a retrospective, and post on things for which I can look back at 2019 and be thankful.  


When I browse through my photos from 2019, many reasons to be cheerful emerge. I'm going to try and share a few with you over the coming days. 

What's your go-to when things are tough, or you feel like the demands of life are crowding in? I'd love for you to share.

As usual a song is going through my head and it’s the crazy Reasons to be Cheerful – Part 3 by Ian Dury and The Blockheads. I think being thankful makes me more cheerful, and it’s a good way to move through these unpredictable days.

Tracey  👍


With thanks to the YouTube Channel of Ian Dury and The Blockheads

and to Pixabay for the great image I've used.


2 comments

  1. I turn to God and prayer.

    I find that taking some time for myself, also helps to recharge the batteries and replenish my soul. For myself, one of the biggest drains on my well being mentally, is the constant barrage of the outside world and the craziness of social media. Maybe it's why I've been blogging for going on 13 years, I find that if I just stick to my little corner, keep typing, keep sharing my life, it helps to stay focused :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra! So lovely to have you visit here. I couldn't agree more about the constant barrage from the outside world. I am noticing it so much at the moment as we come into a quieter period following the awful bushfire crisis here in Australia - the media (social and mainstream) are consumed with a blame game and in the midst of all of that, it feels as though those who have been traumatised and are now dealing with loss are being left behind. Times of quiet are so essential. I spend some time with God, often with a pot of tea and my cat in tow, just stopping and taking time to breathe - something increasingly necessary as life goes on. Blessings!

      Delete