There's a new postman in town ...

 Hello lovely readers!

There has been much happening in my little world and I'll get updating soon. I have taken advantage of our current lockdown restrictions to spend some time on the backend of this blog - the reverse side of Bountiful Life with all the messy ends, knots and havoc. Well, that's how it feels to technically-challenged me!

It all started because Google decided to sack their postman. 

With any blog, you'd love your friends - old and new - to subscribe and follow your adventures. For those of you who have, thank you so much! When I put up a new post, if you have subscribed you receive an email telling you about it and you can click on that to come here to the blog and check it out. It's the equivalent of an electronic postie bringing you the latest news.

Google have been saying for a while now that the service they use as their electronic postman was getting the heave-ho in July 2021, so I thought I'd better get cracking at finding a new one. So, today Cameron and I have sourced a replacement (after much consternation, head-scratching and confusion - and that was just me!) and we're hoping this newbie will do a good job.

Will it look any different to you?

I'm certainly curious to know!

If the postie is doing his thing, you should still receive an email to notify you of my new posts. I don't think you will get a little preview of the story as you once did, but I could be pleasantly surprised - I'd love to hear your feedback! 

As we walked through this whole process, I saw that there were a few of you who had subscribed in the past but not gone through the whole process (usually one of those click-here-to-confirm-you're-not-a- robot type things) and therefore your subscription was marked as pending. If that was you, our new postie won't deliver to you because until he gets your permission it's like dropping mail into someone's letterbox that is already marked 'no junk mail'. And we don't want to do that!

If I know you personally, I'll hit you up and let you know to subscribe again. If not, I'll send you an email from lifeatbountiful@gmail.com to see if you'd like to join me again. 

Please, Mr Postman, do a good job! These are the days where it's important to stay connected.

And that's my segue into the song for this post - Please Mr Postman by The Carpenters. Big fan. 

Stay safe and connected!

Tracey ✉


With thanks to the YouTube channel of The Carpenters  for Please Mr Postman, 1975

Laura Stanley from Pexels for Mail slot pic

Torsten Detlaff from Pexels for Phone Notification pic


No comments

Post a Comment