I did it ... whose way?

I am an unashamed nostalgia fan.

I was listening to the radio with hubby today, and the presenter had two contestants online who were competing to be first to name the song being played. As the first few notes began, I instantly recognised the song as Frank Sinatra's signature My Way and just had to sing along.



I did notice however, that my rendition of this song always seems to be waylaid by a few lyrics that would have had Ol' Blue Eyes (or Cranky Frankie) scratching his head ...

If it's from Taubmans, it's got the lot ...

How often are classic songs and pieces of music used to sell us anything from beer to bras to biscuits? Like so many kids before me, I was word perfect with a whole host of the ads that filled our television screens when I was growing up, and the use of My Way is just another example. The bonus of having the internet on your phone these days, is that you can simply google and up from its treasure trove of memories pops a little gem, to transport you back to an earlier time.

I could go on forever with this topic and no doubt more examples will grace this blog, but for today, here is Carter Edwards and the ad that brought the benefits of Taubmans paint to the Australian public. Another great memory courtesy of the advertising team of Allan Johnston and Alan Morris, aka Mojo Australia.

A little slice of Aussie nostalgia on a Tuesday. Why not?

Tracey 💝

With thanks to the YouTube channels:
Franky-Boy: Welcom' to the Mafiya and Mojo Classics

And for the photo: 
Attribution: -LC-BOSS- [CC BY-SA 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)]

No comments

Post a Comment